MBA: CATCMATXATIIFTSNAPNMAT by GMACMH-CETMATIBSAT
Study Abroad: GREGMAT
Banks: IBPS CWE (PO)IBPS CWE (Clerical)SBI (PO)SBI (Clerical)IBPS CWE RRBIBPS CWE SO
RBI: RBI AssistantRBI Grade B Officer
Civil Services: UPSC-CIVIL-SERVICES
Staff Selection: SSC CGL
- About UPSC Civil Services Examination
- Test Duration & Pattern (Preliminary Examination 2018)
- Selection Process
- Important Dates (2018)
- How to Apply
- Official Website
- UPSC with TESTfunda
About UPSC Civil Services Examination
Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts its UPSC Prelims and Mains examination for recruitment to IAS, IPS, IFS Group 'A' and some Group 'B' services. Read the entire list of services here. Find out about the syllabus, eligibility etc. below.
- For Indian Administrative Service, a candidate should be a citizen of India.
- For Indian Foreign Service and other services, a candidate should be one of the following.
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01/01/1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from other countries with the intention of permanently settling in India (detailed list of countries available on official website)
provided that a candidate belonging to categories above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the the Indian government.
2. Age Limit
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the ageof 32 years on the 1st of August, 2016 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2ndAugust, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995. Necessary action to make correspondingchanges in respective Rules/Regulations pertaining to various services is being takenseparately.
- The upper age limit is relaxed upto a maximum of
3. Educational Qualification
- A candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university or a deemed university.
- A candidate who has appeared for the final year of bachelor's degree and awaiting result, along with candidates who intend to appear at such qualifying examinations can also apply, provided that they submit their proof of qualification along with the application for the Mains exam.
- A candidate who possesses professional and technical qualification recognised by Government equivalent to the professional and technical degree can also apply.
- A candidate who has passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but has not completed internship by the time of submission of application for the Civil Services (Main) Examination can also apply.
The Civil Services Exam is a paper based test and consists of two successive stages:
- (i) Preliminary Examination (Objective type) comprising 2 exams : General Studies and CSAT
- (ii) Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview)
How to Apply?
- Register on http://www.upsconline.nic.in (Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website)
- The application charge for male candidates is Rs. 100/- only. There is no application charge for female and SC / ST / Physically Handicapped candidates.
- All candidates, whether already in government service, government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications directly to the Commission.